Tuesday, 21 December 2010

The Weekend.

 

This weekend has been spent with my friends and Jaimie.

Saturday Night

image

After my shift at work I popped along to TGI Fridays to meet my friends for our Christmas night oot.  Sadly not everyone could make it as Amy was ill and with Martin's new arrival (puppy Jess) he was busy being a daddy, anyhoos' I got there for 10pm and when I arrived everybody was in a merry mood.  I had to catch up, but that was easy as I had very little to eat at work, I had just finished a 10 hour shift and I was sleepy.  After my strawberry daiquiri, rusty nail and long island ice tea I started to feel the effects!  Now TGI's ain't cheap, but the cocktails are gorgeous and mixologists kept us entertained with flinging bottles about the joint.  We stayed there for a couple of hours and then headed along to the new Lloyds bar on George St. the Alexander Graham Bell, I didn't like it there much and only stayed for one drink, by this point Paul was well and truly sloshed so he decided to go home as did Rach.  Me, Lisa, Susan, Claire & Kevin headed along to Maccy D's for some well deserved scran and then headed home.  I was in my bed for 2am!


imageimage




Sunday


I had the WHOLE day off and I wan't going to waste it.  It's very rare that I get a day at the weekend off so I try and make sure I do something productive (unless I really fancy a lazy day!).  So Jaimie came round to mine around 12ish and we made tracks to go and see my granny, got her some shopping in and didn't leave until 3pm, from grans we took a walk through Arthurs Seat, which is closed on a Sunday and would have been closed anyway's, due to the snow.  It was fabby, we felt like rebels walking along the roads.  The park was busy and full of people snowboarding, sledging, cycling & jogging, one man who was in full running gear, was running with no shoes on!  We threw snowballs, kicked snow at each other and took a lot of pictures.









We thought it be best to go for a hot drink after our big walk and there is nowhere better than the Sheep's Heid, which is situated in Duddingston Village.  It's the oldest pub in Scotland and it's not far from my hoose, which makes it my local.  The plan was to have some of their home made mulled wine,  but sadly for us they had ran out, so I opted for a hot chocolate with mini marshmallows and whipped cream, where's Jaimie had an Irish coffee.  They were both delish and well recommended to have if you pop in to the Sheep's Heid.  Once we had finished there we made the short journey back to mine where we had some home made lasagne and snuggled up in bed and watched a film, perfect ending to a pretty good day.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...