Monday, 13 December 2010

Winter Wonderland & German Market, Where All My Money Is Spent.

image


Every year in the month of December, Edinburgh's Princess Street gardens is turned into a place of Christmas cheer, there is music, food, drinks and fairground rides in abundance. Which can mean only one thing....  The German Market and Winter Wonderland have come to town!

image

I think I have already been there 3 times in the space of a week,  but yesterday is when I took some of my hard earned pennies and put them to good use!



Jaimie and I got into town around 1 0'clock and soon met up with our friends Laura and Craig, the meeting point was the Mulled Wine stand and they couldn't have picked a better place!  We got a seat, our cup of scrummy mulled wine where we had a catch up and people watched.  After about 20mins we thought it best to go and see if we could get some food, so we had a look in the German Market, but it was too busy and decided to nip over to the Winter Wonderland side and grab a hog roast roll.  After that I dragged everyone to get some fresh doughnuts with milk chocolate and white chocolate sauce, they were amazing and I wish I had taken a picture.  There was so many food stalls to choose from!  I have a feeling over the next few weeks I shall be sampling most of what's on offer.

image

It's not just food that they sell, there are lots of stalls which are selling home made gifts from Germany and a bar... Which we quickly sniffed out after polishing off our food.  The beer we had was very nice, but with most of the drinks there you have to put a deposit on your glass which is £3-£4.  So for 2 pints it came to £16!  I nearly fainted when I handed over the money, luckily you get you deposit back if you bring the glasses back to the bar.

image

image

image

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

We could have spent all day there and a small fortune (which I did!), but we thought best to leave around four and head back to Laura and Craig's for home made mulled wine and watch the final of the X Factor.

I have every intention on going back next week of an evening and taking a ride on the carousel and Big Wheel.  But for now, this post is done and I'm off to watch Christmas films.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...