Wednesday, 19 December 2012

Tis' The Season To Be Jolly.

Well it's that time of year again, the only time of year that I get really excited about! CHRISTMAS TIME! Edinburgh turns into a winter wonderland (literary!), decorations go up, there is an abundance of fairy lights wrapped around the house/garden, Christmas 24 is on the telly, gallons of mulled wine is being consumed and the Marshall's Christmas album circa 1992 is on repeat. I can't get enough of it!

This year will be a little busier than last year as we have two new additions to the Marshall household, my dad's second cousin (Devan) and his girlfriend (The lovely Vanessa, or TLV for short) are coming over from Australia. They will be staying with us from the 23rd December until the 3rd January, we were hoping for a quiet Christmas this year... However it will be nice to see Devan, the last time that we met was Christmas 95' when we were both 9 and me and the parentals were travelling.

Now I have managed to purchased and (nearly) wrap all the presents, I say this however Jaimie should take most of the credit as he did most (all!) of the wrapping... I think I have done well this year, this may be the 3rd year in a row that I make my mother cry with joy from a gift that she has received from me and Jaimie. I have high hopes that everyone will love their gifts, I don't care if I am bigging myself up! (I know they are good!).

This weekend is set to be a busy one as my weekend begins on Thursday with the staff Christmas night out, drinks in the office, dinner and then more drinks. I do not intend to get drunk as I will be in work on the Friday and I will be having round two on Friday evening when I meet up with my friend Jenna, who I haven't seen for two years(!). Saturday is the day that 'The Gang' meet up for some Christmas Market shenanigans, we will be dressing up in our finest Christmas jumpers and enjoy what Edinburgh has to offer at this time of year, we also have a Secret Santa lucky dip! Sunday, D&V arrive and we have been invited to a family friends house for some drinks and nibbles... My liver will not be thanking me, the last week in December and the first week in January will be alcohol filled!

I hope everybody has a fab Christmas and and even better New Year!

image

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...